- 1 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 2 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 3 Gratulacyje a winszowańa ze Ślůnskij Wikipedyji
- 4 Server switch 2016
- 5 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 6 Brëkòwnik:Kirsan
- 7 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 8 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 9 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 10 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 11 Editing News #2—2016
- 12 Save/Publish
- 13 Wikipedia to the Moon working phase
- 14 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 15 RevisionSlider
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[edytuj kod]
Apologies for writing in English. Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 21:30, 17 str 2016 (CET)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[edytuj kod]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 17:47, 31 str 2016 (CEST)
Gratulacyje a winszowańa ze Ślůnskij Wikipedyji[edytuj kod]
Mům fest rad nowina, co na Kaszubskij Wikipedyji naszrajbowano 5000. artikla. Winszuja Wom, coby ta robota szła Wom coroz lepij, gibćij, a artikle sam bůły coroz to barzi wertne a do zgody ze zasadůma. Ńych Wom śe darzi! Pyrsk! 17:15, 12 łżë 2016 (CEST)
Server switch 2016[edytuj kod]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 23:07, 17 łżë 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon[edytuj kod]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 17:35, 21 łżë 2016 (CEST)
- A co na to sam zainteresowany? tsca (dyskusja) 18:34, 12 môj 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[edytuj kod]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 17:31, 10 cze 2016 (CEST)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[edytuj kod]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki, which you may already seen in the latest issue of Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 16:01, 24 cze 2016 (CEST)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[edytuj kod]
Pomóż przetłumaczyć na Twój język
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-06:21, 28 cze 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[edytuj kod]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 16:10, 1 lëp 2016 (CEST)
Editing News #2—2016[edytuj kod]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 19:20, 3 lëp 2016 (CEST)
Wikipedia to the Moon working phase[edytuj kod]
Dear Cassubian Wikipedia language community,
First of all, I am sorry to write this in English.
You may already have heard about Wikipedia to the Moon: A team of scientists called the “PT Scientists” are going to send a space craft to the moon in 2017 and they want to take Wikipedia along with them. Because Wikipedia is so big, we cannot send all of it to the moon. That is why the international Wikipedia-community has voted to send all “Featured Articles and Featured Lists“ from all languages in Wikipedia.
“Featured Articles“ is a category in many language versions of Wikipedia that collects the very best articles in that language. Your community does not currently have a „Featured Articles“ category. Ideally, we want to take every language on Wikipedia to the moon and we also want to take the best articles in your language. That is why we would like you to tell us what the very best articles in your language are.
There are two ways you could do this:
- 1) You could introduce the categories “Featured Article” and “Featured List” in your language version of Wikipedia and vote for the best articles and put them in the category. We will take every article that is tagged as a “Featured Article” or a “Featured List” to the moon
- 2) You could vote for the best articles in your language version of Wikipedia and put them all on one a new Wikipedia page. If you let us know where we can find that list here, we will also take the articles to the moon.
The deadline for Wikipedia to the Moon is 31 October 2016. After that date, we will put all the Featured Articles and Lists onto a special disc and give it to the “PT Scientists.” They will take the Wikipedia articles into space next year.
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[edytuj kod]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:38, 30 zél 2016 (CEST)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16:56, 12 Séw 2016 (CEST)